Established in 1962 in Geelong, Marcus Oldham is an independent tertiary College with a reputation for innovation and excellence in Agriculture, Agribusiness and Equine Management.
The College has two vacancies for permanent part-time Cooks who is responsible for ensuring that all meals at Marcus Oldham College are produced safely, in a timely manner, within budget and to specifications.
- Approximately 20 hours per week.
- Flexible but non-rotating shifts
- Downtime during term breaks
- Award wages
- Certificate in Safe Food Handling – Hospitality/Food Retail Industry
- Experience in quantity cooking, fast paced grill work or similar
- The ability to supervise and participate in quantity food production
- The ability to recognise, prevent and alleviate the hazards associated with the handling of food
- The ability to enjoy challenges, to learn from experience and to have general confidence in personal abilities
- The ability to interact with members of the food service team to ensure that all processes are coordinated throughout the food production chain
- A knowledge and understanding of current OH&S work practices
- Certificate III in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) or equivalent
- Completion of a cooking apprenticeship
- A working knowledge of the Victorian Food Act 1984
- The ability to resolve personal and process problems that prevent agreed goals being achieved
A position description can be obtained below.
Applications to be emailed to [email protected]
Applications close: 20 January, 2020