- Two scholarships valued at $25,000 – ($12500 in the first year, and $12,500 in the third year)
- Available to Australian citizens with a genuine interest in the Australian dairy industry who are enrolled or intending to enrol in the Bachelor of Business (Agriculture)
|Closing date||21st July 2023|
|Interview date||Week beginning 28th August 2023|
Dairy Australia recognises the importance of supporting a skilled and capable workforce. The Dairy Farm Managers scholarship will address the increasing need for future dairy farm business managers by the industry.
Dairy Australia is the national service body for the Australian dairy industry and is committed to building a profitable and sustainable future for the industry we serve.
The Dairy Australia Farm Managers Learning Plan
The Dairy Learning Plan has been carefully designed to develop the farm management capability of students in a dairy specific context. The activities will complement the agribusiness skills and knowledge developed through the Bachelor of Business (Agriculture), to ensure students are equipped with the specific contextual understanding required for a career in the dairy industry. These activities will include classroom and on farm learning experiences throughout the duration of the student’s degree study, providing the opportunity for students to learn from technical specialists and farmers of the dairy industry.
Students will be required to participate in the following activities as part of the Dairy Learning Plan, over the duration of their study.
Dairy industry technical lectures
Dairy Australia Farm Business Fundamentals extension course
Dairy farm case study – farm visit
11 month work placement on a dairy farm
Dairy Australia Dairy Farm Business Analysis extension course
Regional Dairy Business Network discussion group
Dairy Australia Good Business Governance extension course
Australian Dairy Conference (ADC)
Dairy Focus Farm case study
Dairy Farm Monitor Project
This learning plan is dynamic and may be amended as the program progresses.
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
- A genuine passion for the dairy industry
- Be highly driven and motivated
- Have some experience/background in the dairy industry or a demonstrated desire to work in the industry upon graduation and for the foreseeable future.
- In accepting a Dairy Australia Scholarship, the student will be given access to and required to participate in, activities outlined in the Dairy Learning Plan
- In accepting a Dairy Australia Scholarship, the student commits to completing the required 11-month practical placement component of the course on an approved dairy operation. This placement will occur during the student’s second year of the course, and contribute to the compulsory practical placement component of the Bachelor of Business (Agriculture).
What do you view as the greatest opportunity facing the Australian dairy industry today and what would you do to influence positive change?