Applicants must have completed Year 1 of the Agriculture Program or Year 1 of the Agribusiness Program. Note: previous recipients of scholarships may apply, however previous recipients of The Yulgilbar Foundation Travel awards are ineligible to apply.
|Closing date||29th July 2019|
Founding members, Sarah and Baillieu Myer, members of the Melbourne Myer family, established The Yulgilbar Foundation to:
- enrich individual and civic life
- improve the circumstances of impoverished people because of personal, environmental, social or cultural disadvantage
- to protect and strengthen democratic values and participation
Grants, in general, cover the Arts and Culture, Conservation and Environment, Education and Social Welfare.
This scholarship is not available to students in Year 1.
Recipients must undertake a small project of own choice and travel to a destination of own choice. The project will allow a student to investigate an area of personal interest which may be a topic at community/social level or a topic to assist with a career interest. Project categories include Livestock Production, Environment, Crop/Agronomy, Social Research, Farm management (HR), Mechanisation or own suggested topic.
At the conclusion of the project, the following is required to be submitted:
- A written project report (approximately 3,000 words)
- Financial reconciliation detailing how the funds were used
Project reports will be forwarded to the Trustees of The Yulgilbar Foundation, who may request to discuss your report further.
Please contact the Scholarship Coordinator.