Our postgraduate program is offered fully online or in blended* mode as we understand people who are wanting to enhance their career prospects in agribusiness are working all over Australia and throughout the world. With an emphasis on management and critical thinking, the program is designed to build on professional experience, develop high-level analytical skills and to broaden understanding of the agribusiness sector.
The Master of Agribusiness is for those who want to lead in agriculture-related industries and government/corporate roles. This might include managers in banking and finance, property, government, food processing, rural research and development corporations and so forth.
The Master of Agribusiness is less about developing practical skills and instead emphasises business development and management, entrepreneurship and leadership.
Our student cohort includes professionals who are managers in superannuation, global accounting, banking, commodities trading, pastoral companies, real estate and valuations, among other sectors.
Graduate Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of the Master of Agribusiness, graduates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and application of methods relevant to business decision making across core areas of finance, management, marketing, strategy and economics relevant to food and fibre enterprises.
- Insight about global and local trends and underlying influences impacting agribusiness supply and value chains.
- An understanding of the sector’s particular risk and disruption profiles, leading to the ability to define risks likely to impact specific agribusiness sector and enterprise types.
- An ability to critically reflect on business and research analytic methods, frameworks and tools as they have developed over time and apply these to a range of decision making requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to synthesise background and contextual information to define directions for timely research and analysis of emerging issues for food and fibre industry and institutions.
- As a thought leader in agribusiness, the confidence to articulate and lead discussions using appropriate communication styles, in person and using digital and print media.
* Two of our units are offered in blended mode, which is combination of an intensive residential study week on Campus in Geelong and online learning across the trimester of study. These are LDP905 Leadership and ARM903 Agribusiness Risk Management