Students applying must meet the following criteria:
- the College entry requirements
- be a minimum of 23 years old
- live in Queensland or the Northern Territory
Applicants need to show genuine aspiration to be committed to the agricultural industry for their future and have a need for financial assistance to attend Marcus Oldham College.
|Closing date||6th August 2021|
|Interview date||8th September 2021|
Currawong is a steer backgrounding and fattening operation based in Western Queensland. Currawong offer the below scholarship to support an individual, whom, without financial assistance, would not otherwise be able to attend Marcus Oldham.
The successful applicant is required to spend a minimum of four weeks work placement within Currawong’s family business. For an agribusiness student this will be during their four-week practical component in the third trimester. An agriculture student must arrange this placement themselves in the second half of the year, during break times.
The recipient will acknowledge that the scholarship is for tuition fees only and they must meet the accommodation costs independently.
- How does your current financial situation prohibit you from attending Marcus Oldham? Please provide a detailed explanation, referencing alternative support options.
- Please describe what you specifically hope to achieve as a result of being awarded this scholarship?