How to Apply
What to include
Your scholarship application must include:
- Your CV with the contact details of two referees
- A statement of your Year 12 results and university ENTER score if applied for
- Scholarship essay: 500-word essay answering the specific scholarship question(s)
(located on each individual scholarship page under “Question”)
- Career goals and aspirations: 100-words answering, “What are your career goals and aspirations?”
- If applying for an Equine Management scholarship, two photographs of yourself riding/handling horses required
Note: Applications can be submitted for more than one scholarship, but applicants can only receive one scholarship in any one academic year. If you’re applying for more than one scholarship, one copy of your CV and one copy of your College essay is sufficient.
Submitting your application
Applications must be received at Marcus Oldham College no later than 5.00pm AEST, on the scholarships closing date. Applications can be submitted via email, fax and post.
Marcus Oldham College
Private Bag 116
Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221
Acknowledgement of receipt of application will be emailed to the email address you provided on your CV. Applicants who are shortlisted for an interview will be advised approximately 3 weeks prior to the interview date.
Interviews will be conducted on campus at Marcus Oldham, or via Zoom, on the dates specified for each scholarship.
If no applicants are deemed to meet the selection criteria scholarships may not be awarded. The College also reserves the right to extend the closing and interview dates.
The successful applicant
The successful applicant will receive a Scholarship Letter of Offer and must advise the College in writing, of acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient within 7 days of written notification.
The value of the scholarships will be deducted from the fees in the appropriate academic year(s) unless otherwise agreed by the College.