Open to a student who meets the College entry requirements and is enrolled or intending to enrol in their final year of Bachelor of Business (Agriculture or Agribusiness).
|Closing date||15 January 2024 (5pm AEDT)|
|Interview date||Week beginning 5 February 2024|
Kooba Agriculture is a Riverina operation based on the Murrumbidgee River, NSW covering 40,000 hectares of prime agricultural land. Our business involves a wide range of activities including irrigated row cropping and wheat, horticulture (almonds), livestock (angus cows and merino ewes) and apiary operations.
Kooba Ag wishes to prove the opportunity of a scholarship for a first year student studying either the Business Management Degree in Agriculture or Agribusiness.
Currently employing over full-time staff, Kooba Agriculture is driven by a passion for agricultural excellence, and strives to provide a friendly, professional, educational and inclusive workplace. Kooba Agriculture is pleased to partner with Marcus Oldham College, and continue providing educational opportunities within Australia’s Agricultural Industry.
Students will be encouraged to participate in the following activity over the duration of their final year of study.
- 2-4 weeks placement during the second year for agribusiness student (third year for agricultural student).
This incentive will be discussed on a case-by-case basis and dependent on availability within the Kooba Ag organisation at the time.
The successful applicant must demonstrate:
• A passion in agriculture or agribusiness
• Willing to listen to viewpoints of others
• Of good character and integrity, representative of Kooba Ag and Marcus Oldham College.
- What factors influenced your decision to pursue a career in Australian agriculture, and what specific objectives do you have for your career within this industry?
- What skills and attributes do you believe are essential for a successful farm manager to possess?