Available to applicants enrolled or intending to enrol in Year 1 of the Agriculture or Agribusiness Program and show a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the lot feeding industry. The successful applicant will receive $5,000 in Year 1 and $5,000 in their final year.
|Closing date||10th February 2023|
|Interview date||21st March 2023|
Smithfield Cattle Company is a successful, family-owned, highly professional cattle operation in Southern Queensland, managing two 20,000 head feedlots at Proston and Goondiwindi, along with various grazing and farming operations. It was established in the 1920s and the company calls on three generations of experience to deliver first-class cattle comfort and performance at their feedlots.
• They are a unique balance of family and corporate
• They are 100% committed to feeding the world with high quality grain-fed beef
• They pursue sustainable environmental practices and industry leading animal welfare
• They provide their people, customers, and suppliers with confidence to grow
• They live their values every day and are committed to developing future generations
Find out more here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0BOdDadzWY
Outline in 500 words the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of lot feeding cattle in Australia.